Friday, June 26, 2009

My Fearless Little Swimmer!

Levi is fearless in most aspects of his life. No guts no glory...right?

I would like to start this experience out by saying I almost didn't post about it, because it makes me feel like I am a bad mother, but decided to because there have been so many times in Levi's life where he was in danger, because he is so adventurous, and he has been protected by his Heavenly Father.

On Monday we went swimming with a bunch of friends from our ward at an apartment complex at a pool with no lifeguard. Levi was so excited to go. I was a little nervous. I knew that I could handle getting in the pool with Levi and Ruby if Isaac was asleep. At the pool however Ruby was scared and Isaac was mostly awake.

Once at the pool, I slapped Levi's Thomas the Tank Engine water wings on him and let him loose in the pool. This was the first time Levi had been in a pool without Noah or I. He was so happy. He splashed around and played with all his little friends in the pool. He was so content with out me.

The kids had some balls and fish that they were playing with in the water. About an hour after we got there Levi notices a little fish toy on the bottom of the pool 3-4 feet deep. He decided that he wanted to play with it. He went to the side of the pool and ripped off his water wings, and proceeded to try and get the toy. Of course, he cannot swim and started to panic. Thankfully, my friend Jessica was in the pool with her little boy, and was able to pull him out of the pool quickly.

Needless to say, Levi was really scared and crying. So I hugged him and after he calmed down a little he told me that he had ripped his wings off to get the toy. I was very appreciative that he can communicate well enough to let me know what happened. I think that because I was able to understand what happened we were able to talk about it a lot better and help[ him understand a better way to get a toy off the bottom of the pool.

If you ask Levi about it now he tells you one of two things. Either "I had to get rescued" or "I sank". If I remember right, he told Noah that his "legs wouldn't work fast enough.

Thanks to Jessica for saving my little angel.

No comments: