Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I know someone who was there

I just wanted to say a few things about the inauguration.

What an amazing day! I am so grateful that I was able to be home yesterday and watch the inauguration. What an amazing day for our country.

Even if you are not an Obama fan I think that yesterday was a pivotal day for all of us that are fortunate enough to live in this country. With all the gloomy things that have gone on with the stock market and the economy the last year, our weakness has been world news. Yesterday, for the first time in a long time I had rock solid American pride. Obama's speech was inspiring and reminded us all that because we live here we have a responsibility to live up to the ideals that our country was built upon, not only so that we leave our freedoms here for our children, but because we must show the world that America is still a land of optimism and dreams.

I am not saying that Obama will bed able to change everything overnight, but I believe that his youth and his ability to lead can help us to get out of this slump that our contry has been in by our own hard work.

God bless America! I am proud to be an American!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen! God bless America.