Monday, June 2, 2008

I am such a whimp!

WE HAD A MOUSE IN OUR HOUSE!!!

WE have actually had a pretty interesting couple of days. Levi didn't sleep at all on SAt night (I was up with him until 4 and then Noah was up with him until at least 6). He seemed to be doing better so we went to church as normal.

After church he was acting a little strange at his Gram's house, and then when we had him take a few bites of a sandwhich, he pueked. Now, Levi has a pretty sensitive gag reflex, so this could have been a fluke. However, before we left Grams looked at his throat and it was swollen. So I prepared myself for a long night...again.

Noah went up to bed since he had to be up at 5, and moments later I see something run across our floor into the closet. So of course I scream and Noah comes running down the stairs. He emptied out the closet and found it, and it would not come out to meet its sad fate. So I ran to the grocery store (with both my children-because I didn't want Levi to see Noah kill it, and because Ruby is a big mama's girl and would scream otherwise). While we are gone, my clever husband set up a baracade of shoes leading out the front door and kindly poked at the mouse until it ran out the door.

I was so glad it was gone when I got home. However, I didn't sleep because I was worried about mice, and I refuse to open the door where the mouse ran, and where there is now traps for fear of seeing something. I am such a whimp!

3 comments:

Amy and the boys said...

Hi! I haven't looked at your blog in a while and was pleasantly surprised to see how much updating you've done. That's crazy about the mouse. Ick. That would totally freak me out. I like the photoshoot you set up with the kids! Very cute.

Anonymous said...

It's chad. I think you are falling behind on your blogging. I'm excited for erin to come out and see you. just make sure she comes back she might try to hide and not come home because she like to hang out in denver

Anonymous said...

It's chad again. Erin doesn't need my help much with blogging. She can show you how to do almost anything when she comes and visits.