Monday, May 11, 2009

copycat....not so bad!

No baby yet. I am due tomorrow and we are ready for him to come. I also have a Dr. appointment if I have not had the baby yet, so hopefully he will schedule something for me if I haven't had it by then.

In the mean time I have done a ton of sewing in the past two months. The biggest project I did was for my friend Kate. She found some bedding that she loved online that was incredibly expensive, so she found some similar fabric that she liked and we copied it. I think that it turned out gorgeous!

Here is the original:
And here is the copy..minus the designer room decor of course. Congratulations Kate on your new baby girl!






Then of course there was our little new baby boy that needed bedding. I didn't
know what to do until I got a Pottery Barn kids catalog in the mail. They had the cutest Dr. Seuss bedding (in a designer room of course) and I loved it.
When Levi was born I made him a red bumper and crib skirt. So I went and spent a little money to get the sheet (I tried to find fabric to make the sheet, but turns out they don't make a lot of Dr. Seuss stuff, and it is expensive. And then made his blanket, which I love. What do you think? I think that George/Thomas/Wow Wow Wubsy will like it too!!

No comments: